Friday, June 10, 2005

Workscape code development certified

I honestly don't know much about Workscape code, architecture and design. I was involved in a project with them about 5 years ago when the organization and product were in their infancy and they were impressive at that time. Since then, further product development and functionality have lead me to believe they are among the top vendors for employee HR portal technologies. They provide great functionality and useability, and their development and code have not been certified by CMMI. From what this sounds like to me (I have not heard of CMMI) this is similar to being certified by ISO 9001, meaning that their design and development process follow rigorous policies and procedures for work, audit, testing and QA. For anyone who buys software, knowing that the coding process is solid should net better client results.