Sunday, November 27, 2005

Oracel Fusion and the current Oracle HRMS

I loved (and have also discussed) this from another blog:

FUSION
I just wanted to make a few comments on the Fusion product. I apologize, but I'm still trying to get more clarity around the scope of this release/product, but it appears to be software that will be similar to middleware, where several applications can run on the same Fusion software. I'm not sure what this means in terms of modifications to the current tech stack, but I'm sure there will be some major changes. The scope of this release is very concerning. I can't comprehend how they are going to seemlessly get all of the suites (Oracle, PeopleSoft Enterprise, PeopleSoft Enterprise One) to operate on the same software. What a daunting task. I can't help but hope that Fusion doesn't stand for:

Fouled
Up
Software
Inoperable
On
Networks

Anyway, I'm keeping the faith and hoping for the best!!!

The same blogger (Patch Adams) also had a post recently about Oracle HRMS. As many of us in the HRMS world have concluded, Oracle HRMS isn't the greatest thing out there. This post gives a decent comparison of PeopleSoft and Oracle HRMS.